It’s been a million years since I blogged but here I am! I’m going to totally change the website when I can remember how to do it so if you’re here for the hoodies I’m sorry!!
Thing 2 is now 3 months old so here I am again – in charge of a child and a house and not entirely sure if I can really be trusted with either.
I am intending to write a blog post about my
complicated easy new system for keeping the house clean – but let’s be honest I’ll probably have given up on it by then! So here’s my guide to housework! In no particular order because – lazy!
- Don’t get dressed so when you’re husband/wife/person who gets to escape to work during the day get’s home you can cry, “I didn’t even manage to get dressed today” and they will tidy-up for you.
- Bribe the older child into tidying up for you – this helps if it is after a few days of doing point one then your significant other will be so happy with the vague tidiness they won’t even think of complaining.
- Clear a small area of carpet and hoover it – make sure you leave the hoover in the centre of the room so it looks like you’ve been busy.
- Develop ‘no go areas’ in your house where you chuck all the stuff – if you can’t remember the colour of your dining table you’re doing it right!
- If you really feel that you absolutely need to tidy invite someone round because everyone knows that’s the only time you’re going to actually tidy up!