Now I’m back in the throes * of trying to keep a tiny human alive I’ve been looking back on my early days with Thing One a bit differently. It’s definitely totally different this time around. For me it’s been bit like the difference between me as a teenager and me as an adult.
- Every decision requires long conversations and pro-con lists with your best friends .(Swap best friend for Husband and notes in class for messaging when he’s actually meant to be working and that’s pretty much what it was like!)
2. Your hormones are all over the place and you cant seem to control your moods.
3.Getting ready to go out takes hours – even if you’re just going to the park.
4. Everyone tells you this is the best time of your life – it often doesn’t feel like it but you’ll look back and realise they were right.
5.You’re sure everyone else is having more fun than you are.
6. There are cool girls – and you’re not one of them.
7. Three day hangovers (although as a teenager that’s because you’ve drunk your body weight in cheep alcohol, as a first time mum it’s half a glass of wine).
8. You definitely know better than your parents – but you secretly just want your mum.
*Yes I did have to google that – who knew that’s how you spell it?!