I really enjoyed the pinterest challenge I did last half term. I’m the kind of person who needs a deadline so, even though it’s self imposed, ‘publicly’ committing to getting things done works well for me.
The Easter Holidays start on Friday (I know, teachers get far too many holidays). So I’m setting myself another challenge. The weather is glorious at the moment and we’ve given up on potty training (!!!) so hopefully we’ll have lots of day trips out so I’m not planning on a daily challenge this time.
I’ve come up with a list of challenges – it’s possibly too much for me to do in two weeks alongside spending time with Eli and giving the house a good clean and tidy watching lots of TV so I may extend it into the rest of April and May.
- Make something for myself (I’m thinking maybe something to wear but we’ll see if I’m that brave!!)
- Make something from a book – I have loads of these, I love receiving them and looking at them but It’s been a while since I made something from one
- Finish something – I don’t tend to have lots of half finished projects because I mainly make things for birthday gifts but I’ve got a few things hanging around that need finishing off.
- Something for the ‘garden’ – our garden/yard is the only thing I really dislike about this house, if we’d have known when we moved in we’d be here for three summers we might have spent some time money on making it prettier but renting is so unstable so we left it alone. I’m hoping to create some activities for Eli to do out there that are colourful to make it less drab and dreary.
- Make something up – this is a bit of a cheat because I have an idea of something I’d like to create; you’ll have to come back over Easter to see if I did!
Now it’s all written down it seems like rather a lot. Maybe I should have saved some of them for the Summer holidays?
Let me know if you’re going to play along, you could pick one or two of the challenges that are most suited to you or try and beat me to finish the lot (not that I’m competitive in any way).